For example mashable.com suggests that Twitter engagement rates for brands are 17% higher on Saturday and Sunday compared to weekdays. However, most brands aren’t taking advantage of this phenomenon and, on average, only 19% of the brands’ tweets were published on the weekend. They recommend that tweets be spaced out to include weekends as well as week days. A full copy of the report can be found here.
And, for those who are not using twitter – here are some tips to get cracking:
- Tweet in the first person sharing your thoughts, information or state of mind
- Check your replies and mentions, keeping in touch with those who are interested in you
- Take care of what you say and how you say it – it is on the internet forever
- Look at using a ‘URL shortner’ to help get the message to 140 characters
- Try twittering in various ways using different software
- Tweet it slow – quality is better than quantity