Established to fill a gap in the not-for-profit sector, we provide assistance and advice to a range of vocational and special interest associations and charities. Performing a connecting role; we aim to link organisations with similar aims and needs, enabling them to share resources and increase effectiveness.
The idea of a Trust to assist volunteers and those working in the non-profit sector was formed in early 2000. At this stage a small number of career association executives with a wide and varied experience, were increasingly asked by less experienced colleagues for their advice. As the demand for information and assistance grew, the need arose to find a more structured approach to the delivery process.
Our efforts were invigorated in 2010 as we clearly defined the aims of the NZARCT:
- To regularly communicate with key stakeholders within the non-profit sector to identify common issues that the sector is facing
- To respond to needs that our subscribers have either by directing to them to existing agencies that may be able to provide assistance or source assistance on their behalf
- Connect similar organizations for collective learning and networking
- Develop specific programmes and forums for increasing capability and capacity
- Support and partner NFP stakeholders
- Partner with contributors committed to develop in the NFP space
- To be New Zealand's leading motivator for collective and charitable organisations in providing support, advice and professional development opportunities to the Third Sector.
- To maintain consultative and co-operative relationships with other top tier organisations serving the third sector as well as government and the news media.